You ask, "How did it all come to this?". Thinking back I remember those 4 little words.."GET A NEW JOB!!". Little did I know how powerful that sentence would be. Two years have passed and we have made some changes...a new home, new friends, new school, new church, and a third little girl! The best part about the move is that I am able to stay at home and take care of my family and do the one thing that I love .. cook, cook, cook!
You might say that I am a mix between Paula Deen and Sandra Lee. I sound like Paula and cook with real butter, however if there is a short cutt that I can take, I am there! For those of you who think that you can't cook, I am here to prove you wrong. I have fail proof recipies that will have your family begging for more. The first one that I am going to share with you is one that I like to have sitting on my table with every meal, my good ole' Southern Sweet Tea...
- Medium-sized pot, fill it half full with water
- 3 large tea bags, or 6 small ones
- Turn your burner on high until it boils (...and grab your daily devotional, you'll have time to read one!)
- Once it boils, turn it off and let the tea steep in the pot (...and read a least one blog!)
- Put one cup of sugar in a pitcher, take the tea bags out, and add the tea, while it is still warm to the pitcher.
- Fill the pitcher with two big handfulls ice and water to the top of the pitcher, and stir-Done!
Now ya'll go and make you some and have it sitting on your table for dinner tonight. Don't tell them what it is, just let them take a sip and watch the smiles take over their faces.
As my grandmother always says "We'll treat you so many ways your're bound to like one of 'em. So ya'll come back now ya hear!".
God Bless you and your Southern Sweet Tea,
Quiche Me I'm Yours






12 comments:
Hello, this finally showed up on my "Blogs I follow...Nice job on your post-can I come over for some sweet tea????
Good Morning!
I found you by way of Ruby Red Slippers...I believe you two know each other. :)
Anyhow, let me just say that I LOVE sweet tea, being the southerner that I am! I grew up in Arkansas and now live in Georgia. There's just nothing better! I make my sweet tea in a coffee pot...it's so much easier!
Anyhow, it's so nice to meet you and I hope you have a great Wednesday!!
My husband is from NC and I always get sweet tea when we visit! I love it...I love chick fil a's sweet tea!
I will have to try making it at home!
Happy Wednesday!
-sandy toes
Hello! I am the opposite in circumstances! I am a Northern Girl living in the south, married to a Southern Man! :o) I can use all the help I can get in the kitchen! :o) I am visiting through Ruby Red Slippers and I am so envious of you two! How wonderful to have such good friends right next door to one another! :o)
I am looking forward to coming again. Thank you for making us all feel so welcome! :o) Have a nice day!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
Ruby Red Slippers said to stop by so here I am!!! :o)
I love sweet tea! Can't wait to read more of your blog!
Ruby red slippers invited my family over for dinner tonight. What time should be be at your house.
Ruby Red Slippers is one of my very best blogging buddies! So I know you and I will be quick friends too.. : )
I love me some good ole sweet tea! Yumm.
Welcome to Blogger! It's addictive.. Consider yourself warned!
Hi, I found you from a link on another blog. I'm an northerner who has lived in NC for almost 20 years and loves it! I am a big fan of sweet tea since living in the South.
So glad to hear that you're happily transplanted in your new home. Welcome to blogging!
Yay, I have found another blog to read! I think I found you through Notes of Sincerity. I love me some sweet tea! I'm a South GA girl. Welcome to the awesome blogging world!
Well hello! Popped over from Ruby Red Slippers and what a fun blog you have started! My Dad is from SC and loves sweet tea. Hubby likes it when I make it for him, too! I'm an Air Force wife so I can totally relate to the moving and leaving all you know behind. I am so glad to read that you have found such wonderful things where you settled in! Awesome!!! ~ Les
Sorry to hear about your husband dropping the computer...looking forward to reading more post...glad you are back :)!
-sandy toes
Ooooh, you need to send some of your cookin' love to me, please!! It is the one thing I don't enjoy doing. I'll clean your house if you cook dinners for me and my family. Deal?
Post a Comment