
We love my granny's home made taco's. It's the kind of taco that when you take that first bite, the sauce runs down your hands, arms, and rests at your elbows. Simply divine!!!! And the recipe is simple as well. We'll call it "Granny's Taco's".
- Ground your meat and season it with salt and pepper ( I use ground chuck ).
- While your meat is cooking open up a can of tomato sauce, put it in a pan and add chopped up onion (I use the frozen ones) and hot sauce. Turn it on to simmer. Now comes the part that makes it Simply Divine...
- Take a block of Cheddar cheese and grate it (you have to use a little bit of elbow grease with this part,but it is totally worth it).
- Once your meat is cooked, drain it on some paper towels.
- Get a small skillet and add enough oil to cover the bottom and then some. Turn it on med/high heat. Once your oil is hot put 1 corn shell in. Leave it in for maybe 5 sec then flip it over. The key here is that you don't leave the shells in to long or they will become hard. You want them soft enough to fold.
That's pretty much it. Just add your fixins. My granny usually adds cutt up lettuce to the table but I like to add sourcream and jalopeno's as well. Most of the time I have left over meat, cheese and lettuce, and I don't like to waste food, so I take the meat and mix one jar of salsa and one can of black beans drained, and put it in the skillet. Just warm it up and put it over lettuce, add cheese and tortilla chips and there you have it, a Gourmet Taco Salad. That unexpected guest or family member that just conviently shows up around lunch time will be so impressed!!!! So from my granny's table to yours, Enjoy!!!






6 comments:
Oh my goodness! That sounds yummy! Especially using the corn tacos! Holy Moly! Mexican is one of my favorites and I NEED to try out this recipe for my family. Thank you for sharing. :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
Can I come over for Tacos??? Like right now? That sounds good for breakfast!!!
"Granny Tacos" sound yummy! And I love that photo! So sweet.
Carrie
Oh yum! I haven't had a taco like that in ages!!!!
Very yummy...have you ever made taco salad with fritos and thousand island dressing...oh my!
It sounds gross but it is so good!
-sandy toes
Hi there!
You make a taco salad with ground beef with the taco seasoning..tomatoes..lettuce...cheddar chees...right before serving put a 1 1/2 cup of fritos with thousand island...mix..it is so yummy! I do add red onions! :)
Post a Comment