Let's start with Sunday morning and as usual we all put on our Sunday best and headed out the door to learn more about our Lord and Savior. The message was about being a "faithful servant" where our pastor refered to John 13. Jesus washed the feet of his disciples and in verse 16 he explained how servicing is a raising not a lowering of oneself. We are all called to be servants in some way shape or form. I believe, in this chapter of my life, my calling is my family. Serving my husband and raising my girls to know and love Christ is one of the most rewarding services that God could ever call me to do.
After church it was hot tub time....
It was about 28 degrees outside and the snow was falling and somehow my oldest convinced her daddy that they should get in the hot tub. Against my better judgement, I agreed and I'm glad that I did because they had a blast. After they had been in a good 15 min. they started to dare each other to jumping out and doing snow angels, running around the yard, and going down the slide all while in their bathing suits. Keep in mind it's snowing cats and dogs outside. They kept at it for about an hour and a half and the whole time they both were laughing and smiling. It was a memory to last a life time.
"Nutmeg's" school hosted Doughnuts with Daddy Day. This is something that she looks forward to all year! They eat doughnuts and listened to her pricipal talk about the impressions a daddy has on his children and also the example that we set by having Christ in our lives. Amen!
My time with all the children together is uaually in the evening. Our big thing is gathering a ton of books, crawling up on our bed and reading together. This week we all wore hats. It somehow made the stories more interesting! Another memory to last a life time.
"Cinnamon's" week has been really good. She has not had any time outs, which means her listening skills are improving. She has managed to stay in her bed during her nap time and is staying out of "Ginger's" bed. She helped me fold clothes and ...
had time to take her dog for a walk.
Even though there is a age difference between them, they all seem to love playing with each other. "Nutmeg and Cinnamon" like to pull each other around the house using a jump rope. So far no bumps or bruises.
They also like to play music together.
Crafts can be challenging since there is such an age difference. "Nutmeg" was doing string art and she had very carefully seperated each string by color. Well along came a "dash of Cinnamon"and grabbed a handful of string. She was off for the chase. A very angry "Nutmeg"played into "Cinnamon's" game and the chase was on...
"Ginger" still likes playing with her older sisters. She listens to "Nutmeg" tell about her day and she is fascinated by "Cinnamon's" zest for life. She tries to sit up when you lay her on a pillow, however she still shows no interest in rolling over. That will come with time. We are just enjoying her so much. God is Good!!!!!
Somehow in this busy week we managed to host a dinner party for our adopted family. "Ruby Red" and all of her family including Nana, Poppa, Sister, Husband and twins were invited.
We are truly blessed to have them in our lives and we would not be able to call this place our home without them. They have not only feed us with amazing meals ("Tin Man's" cooking of course), but they have feed us spiritually as well. The Lord says we should love our neighbors as ourselves. That's not hard to do when you have them for neighbors.
We can't wait to see you all real soon. Maybe we'll bring some snow with us.!. Take care and we love you all!!!






4 comments:
Love the snow...its so pretty!!! Your girls are so cute & how sweet you hunny is to do all those things with them! =] I can't wait till my little guy can do crafts and stuff with Dad!
I love reading about the girl's week. I hope I get invited for hat day-that just looks like too much fun!
Your kind words about my family were so touching!!! I love you, girl!!! (I'll miss you while you are in the deep south for Thanksgiving...)
Thanks for thinking of me! =] I wish I could have seen the sunrise!!! That sounds so pretty! Unfortunatly I couldn't drag my butt outta bed at 5am Sunday...but I did blog about the wonderful sermon I enjoyed!
I have sucha a soft spot for you 3 girls...I grew up with 2 sisters too! (I am the oldest) Nothing like it and LOADS of fun! you guys have a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving! =]
~J
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
-sandy toes
Post a Comment