Friday, March 20, 2009

Friends and Family Friday!


Having a wonderful weekend makes for a wonderful week! I mentioned in my last post that we had a surprise for "Nutmeg" because she did so well on all of her assessment tests. So Friday night we ordered Pizza to her likings. We put the little ones to bed and pulled out the couch............



and put "High School Musical 3" in (Which she had no idea). Obviously the smile says it all! It was the first time that I have seen it and I have to say it was really good and what made it even better we got to spend one on one time with her. Its hard to do with 2 other children!!! The next morning "Muffin Man" cleaned out our garage........




He did such an amazing job. Now the trick is to keep it looking as nice through the summer. After a hard days work, it's time to relax a bit..did I hear someone say "Hot tub?".......and "Fire Pit?"......










I'm not quiet sure if I have mentioned in any of my previous posts that one way we spend "family time" or should I say "Muffin Man time" is by putting together puzzles. Now I am not that good at it, in fact this last project I put together @ 12 pieces and he did the rest. This was by far the hardest one we or should I say he has done, but it turned out amazing............





Well enough about us what have these kids been up to? I'm going to go ahead and tell you that I did not take any photo's of my littlest one. I know, what was I thinking? It got to the end of the week and no photo's of her. I'm sorry but I did get some good ones of the others. You know how they love spending time together as long as one is not invading the others space. There are some of those times but a lot of these..........



The kitchen is always a neutral battle ground...........



The weather for a week in March was incredible! Highs in the 60's with clear skies and sunshine!!! It was time for yard work. And who better to spend it with than my little helper "Cinnamon". She is one hard worker..........





I trimmed and she picked up my shavings. She is such an amazing kid. Hard work and no complaining! I know she is young but she asks to help and you better believe I let her! She makes parenting challenging but easy at the same time. I'm blessed!!

Here is her enjoying some girley time........



There are times when she walks to the beat of her own drum. Sometimes she is bat girl. Other times she wears her sunglasses all day. On this particular day she wore her hat and gloves until nap time. Then she decided that her real baby bed wasn't good enough so she got into the baby doll bed her pa-paw made for her dolls and preceded to go night-night..........


"Nutmeg" had a field trip to the police station this week. She was very proud to say to her class
mates that her Uncle and Granddaddy are both policemen. They all got their own badges....



As most of you know American Idol is on and it's a must DVR in my house. "Nutmeg" sees some of it occasionally and now she wants to audition. I think I would have to Kill Simon if he said anything negative toward her! Who knows in 10 years you just may see her on T.V..........









Our week has come to an end and our weekend has just began so let me leave you with half a quote from William Purkey "Dance as if no one is watching".........




Have a wonderful weekend and we love you!!!!


5 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a fun post...all your "smiles" are contagious~ What a fun family you have and you seem to enjoy the simple things of life~ I have not put a puzzle together in years...is that bad???

Have a wonderful weekend!
sandy toe

Mrs.Busy Bee said...

Wow, that is one busy week! What a great way to relax, hot tubbing and fire pit. I am motivated to pull ours out, the fire pit that is;)

Paris Grammie said...

A great post as usual ! Ilove all the pics, but the videos are wonderful. Missed seeing Ginger this week but seems like the other girls have really been busy. I hope Cinnamon will always want to help. What a great surprise for Nutmeg! Pizza,a movie, and alone time with Mom and Dad. Perfect !!! Can't wait till next week's post!

Paris Grammie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ruby Red Slippers said...

That video brought tears to my eyes-that girl is just so precious! She has one heart of gold, for sure...Love the dancing...and all the pictures!
I can attest that that puzzle looked like too much work-but congrats to Muffin Man! I NEVER could have done that!!!!