Friday, January 9, 2009

Friends and Family Friday

Did someone say sardines? Because that is exactly what we felt like as we made our way back up North. I honestly thought that we were going to have to leave "Cinnamon" behind due to an overload of gifts.
I'm sure our family wouldn't have minded that!!! We had an amazing time and it was very sad to say good bye however, it was so nice to come home and be in our own beds!!!! The next morning we woke up to reality. I feel like we have been playing catch up all week. We started off by taking down our Christmas deco. As happy as I was to put it up, I was just as happy taking it down! Although I would say that the house does look a little empty. Well just the main floor does. If you could see our basement. I'm too embaressed to show you pics. Let's just say that I better not hear the words "I'm bored, I have nothing to do" because our basement would say other wise!!!
So you wonder what our little angels have been up to? Playing dress up and flying around the house....

They have spent some time writing in their journals.

They've baked a little...They have become our favorite new band!

They have crawled in and out of their tunnel...

and we have all discovered the Wii, even "Cinnamon" is getting the hang of it!

"Nutmeg" has managed to do some sledding...

horse back riding....

and play teacher to us all.

"Cinnamon" has enjoyed playing with her new vanity set...

putting together her "big girl" puzzle (the one without the knobs)...

She plays us a tune...

alone time with mom "priceless"...

and she loves feeding "Ginger", even though she makes a mess and jabbs the spoon half way down her throat, I think it's a good bonding experience.

Little "Ginger" has now rolled over and is sitting up by herself for a couple of minutes....

She still loves sitting in her saucer.

As you all know we love our time at night. On the weekends we do something special. We put on our Pj's and pile onto our sofa bed.....

pop popcorn and watch a movie.

Our week has come to an end and so I must leave you with an image that will put a smile on your face....

Have a blessed weekend!!!!

3 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

Wow..what a busy family you all are..I love all the pictures..so cute you all in the pull out sofa for movie night..very sweet!

I love those black toile pillows...love them!
-sandy toe

trish said...

Your pictures are precious!!!
My heart especially melted when I saw you all on the hide a bed! We do the exact same thing! Our hide a bed needs a part replaced so it has been out of commission and when I saw the picture on your blog I thought how I need to fix it right away!! I love those snuggle times with my family!!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
Ps. I know what you mean about taking a break to spend family time - when the weather is nice, I am outdoors until the sun goes down!

Sondre Lyn said...

It looks like you have had a wonderful holiday! Very fun! My kids and I used to do the pull out couch/rent a movie/pizza/homemade cookies thing.. when my son got too big for it my daughter and I started having girl's night, which was essentially the same thing only with a chick flick! So much fun!